Home File Server Upgrade
|Sunday, July 24th 2016, 10:00||Embedded content has been disabled to protect your privacy.
or click here to allow them permanently,
or click here to watch the video on YouTube:
Please note that, by enabling this video, data is transferred
In this video I will show you one of the recent upgrades to my file server I have at home.
It had a cheap power supply and the original fans in there and I finally decided to invest the money and change them in the hope of better temperatures and longer lifespan for the entire system.
Specs of the current hardware:
- Mainboard: AsrockRack C2550D4I Mainboard
- CPU: Intel Atom C2550 Quad-Core
- RAM: 16 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
- HDD: 4x 4TB HDD in Freenas' RAIDZ2
- Case: Silverstone DS380 Case
- PSU: Silverstone SFX 300W power supply
- Fans: BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 (PWM)